Monday, August 20, 2012

Come As You Are.........

So I decided to take a little survey and I found that the average person only truly falls in love once in their lifetime. But how many times have we found ourselves "inlove" with whoever we are dating? How many times have the words "I love you" been uttered out of our mouths to our significant others? I myself, at a young tender age was almost certain I knew exactly what love was and how it worked. No one could tell me anything, I was inlove and my heart would beat for that person. But does a 15 year old really know what love is? Can he/she fathom the idea of what it takes to have a relationship? I guess if you asked a 15 yr old he/she would say yes with out a doubt. But an adult, such as myself, knows and understands love. We know the effort it takes and the patience. We know its not always going to be sunshine and rainbows. In fact the storm comes, and it hits hard, and only the strong survive. The old couple sitting in the park, side by side, who have raised their children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren, have seen it all. They have surpassed, the failing economy, the rumors, the affairs, the stress of children. And they sit there side by side, holding onto each other, strong. If only the rest of the world and their couples were like that huh? I think about all of the couples I've known in my life. My grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, siblings and to be honest the track record for a successful and long marriage is almost non-existing. So should I let that truth define me and my relationship?And I know a lot of people struggle with that question, because when all you see growing up is abuse, divorce, infidelity, or people just splitting up it puts a damper on the image of "love" and what it means and how to love. As a Christian woman, I feel that my God and Savior loved me so much that he was tortured and crucified to show his love for us and that type of love is almost non-existing. The bible says that you could do a million good deeds, but if you do any of these deeds without love in your heart, then there is no meaning and it dosent count. Gods number one rule is "Love others as I have Loved you". But how often do we really do that? I feel lucky, no a better word, would be blessed. I feel blessed to have found a man that truly loves me unconditionally. I have written about love before, and its been more on a passionate level. More on a lustful level. It wasnt until I met my husband, that I could truly experience what it was to be loved, and to kick and scream and punch and scratch away at a person almost expecting them to leave you, to give up on you, and when your tantrum is over, he/she is still there. That is love. I am crazy at times, I have a horrible short temper, my patience is little to none, I'm controlling and demanding at times, yet he loves me. And he tells me everyday no matter what ill thing I've said to him, he loves me. For the first time I am not forcing myself to change, so that I may be loved, I WANT to change because he loves me. Every one should experience that love, the type that says I dont care come as you are and I will love you, the love God gives us everyday, because everyday he's telling us the same thing.................... Come as you are...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers